Welcome to CopyAs freeware program page. CopyAs is useful tool for all users of the Explorer in Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows ME, Windows NT 4.0 a Windows 2000. It is based on Context Menu Shell Extension. CopyAs allows using context menu of Explorer by simple right mouse button click:
Version 3.0.2 is available now. It has the same functions as the version 3.0.1 but some have been slightly modified and help has been added. Two language versions (Czech and English) are available.
- copy or move and rename files
- rename files series
- change time stamp of files (created, modified, accessed)
- change case of filenames (upper, lower, capitalize)
- copy filenames to clipboard (with full path or not)
- and call command prompt from current folder.
An automatic installation is accomplished by self-extracting Zip file CopyAs302us.exe produced by DTZ_EXPLO Zip/Extract... from explorer 1.6 utility, thanks Laurent Laubenheimer. Default destination folder for installation is C:\Program Files\CopyAs and can be changed to any other. You can decompress files only. Then:
If you like the program or you find any errors, omissions or you think out enhancements you can report this by e-mail to me.
- optionally create target folder for CopyAs files
- move folder HELP and COPYAS.DLL, INSTALL.BAT, UNINSTAL.BAT and README.TXT files to your target folder
- double click INSTALL.BAT.
Version 3.0.2 is available in two language editions now.